Yeroskipou (Geroskipou) is a coast town just east of Paphos. Its current population stands at over 7000 and thus is the second largest municipality in the Paphos District. It is a popular tourist destination, with its five-domed Byzantine church of Agia Paraskevi and the production of Cyprus Delight (also known as loukoumia).
According to the local legends, Yeroskipou was the site of the goddess Aphrodite's sacred gardens; this is also implied in the etymology of the town's name. 'Yeros' means 'holy' while 'kipou' comes from 'kipos', the Greek word for 'garden'. Ancient pilgrims from Nea Paphos would pass through Yeroskipou before reaching the temple of Aphrodite at Kouklia.
One of the more famous residents of this town is Andreas Zimboulakis, vice-consul of Britain in 1811. His home has since been acquired by the Department of Antiquities and converted to a Folk Art Museum.
The town is relatively easy to get to as in recent years; both its own expansion as well as that of Paphos town itself has caused their boundaries to merge, allowing for several direct access roads. The most used is the B6. Starting for the roundabout at the junction of Athinwn, Dimokratias and Evropis Avenues, the B6 travels straight into Yeroskipou and then eventually continues to Paphos Airport.
Yeroskipou municipality have been very busy recently, having improved the beaches and the village square, which has multiple functions each year.